Real reviews, quality guaranteed.
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, you qualify for reimbursement up to GBP 5,000 (the “Coverage Limit”) of losses under the Policy when you find and pay to rent a Listing advertised by an owner or manager on our Website (“Host”), provided: that you send money to the Host via RatedApartments.com Payments; have been unable to recover the funds from the Host, bank or credit card issuer; and complete a Statement of Rental Loss and provide other requested documentation within the time periods described below (“Covered Losses”)
For the avoidance of doubt, to qualify for the Policy, you must meet the requirements herein and pay our Hosts directly through our payment platform (“RatedApartments.com Payments”) and only funds paid by you through RatedApartments.com Payments are eligible to be considered as Covered Losses.
The Policy provides reimbursement to you for Covered Losses up to the Coverage Limit where funds paid by you through RatedApartments.com Payments are lost or misappropriated as a result of a Compromised Host, Inaccessible Listing, Misrepresented Listing, or Deposit Dispute, each as defined herein.
For purposes of this Policy and the definition of Covered Losses, the following definitions and conditions shall apply:
• A “Compromised Host” shall mean a Host with a personal email address or RatedApartments.com account that has been compromised by a fraudulent individual acting as the true Host to induce payment from a traveller.
• An “Inaccessible Listing” is a Listing that has been rented by you through RatedApartments.com Payments where you are subsequently permanently unable to enter the Listing in accordance with the rental agreement between you and the Host as a result of intentional and wrongful conduct of the Host (including the Host is in bankruptcy or foreclosure or otherwise fraudulent).
• The term “Misrepresented Listing” shall mean a Listing with Material Differences or Defects to the as-described and advertised Listing that you rented, where: you are unable to rent the Listing as intended; you refuse to occupy the Listing; you document the material differences between the actual Listing and the Listing on RatedApartments.com; and you notify the Host and RatedApartments.com in the first six-hours of check-in.
• “Material Differences or Defects” shall be determined in RatedApartments.com’s sole discretion and, among other exceptions, shall not include the refusal to occupy the Listing based on the cleanliness of the Listing; minor differences in the location of the Listing to area attractions or maintenance issues with amenities or services.
• A “Deposit Dispute” shall mean a documented dispute between you and the Host as to the rightful withholding of a security deposit paid by you through RatedApartments.com Payments in connection with your rental of the Listing where RatedApartments.com considers in its sole and absolute discretion that the Host is in the wrong.
The Policy does not provide reimbursement for loss of funds that are not covered under the policy. For clarification, this includes but is not limited to the inability to provide reimbursement for the following:
To request a Statement of Rental Loss please contact RatedApartments.com via email at Accounts@RatedApartments.com. We will send you a Statement of Rental Loss. Please follow the directions, complete and sign the form, scan and submit via email to Accounts@RatedApartments.com. Alternatively, you can print the form and submit the form via mail, by sending to RatedApartments.com Satisfaction Guarantee, RatedApartments.com, Unit B1 Malvern House, 199 Marsh Wall, London E14 9YT.
In addition to your Statement of Rental Loss, you must provide us with the following documentation:
• Identification: You must provide us with a copy of your passport or license and any additional information we may require to prove your identity.
• Communications: Upon request, you must send us a copy of your RatedApartments.com Payment confirmation and RatedApartments.com inquiry request, as well as any additional communications that you had with the host via email, telephone or otherwise, including any disputes with regard to the reimbursement of security deposits.
• Losses: As requested, you must provide us with evidence of your losses, including evidence of a refund request in connection with a security deposit or documentation of the Misrepresented Listing
• Other Reimbursement: You must attempt to recover your losses from your credit card issuer or bank and you are entitled to recovery under this Policy only after your credit card issuer or your bank have denied your request for recovery.
All reimbursement claims, documentation requirements, and eligibility decisions shall be made by RatedApartments.com, in its sole discretion. RatedApartments.com shall complete the reimbursement claim process in a reasonable time frame, generally within four weeks and will keep you informed of any decisions or additional documentation that is required to process your claim.
All reimbursement decisions under the Policy shall be determined by RatedApartments.com, in its sole discretion. This Policy and reimbursement eligibility hereunder is subject to local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by such laws and where registration or translation is required. These Policy Terms represent the entire agreement between you and RatedApartments.com with regard to the Policy. Each User acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Policy Terms and any modifications that we may make. If the Policy Terms and our general Terms conflict, these Policy Terms shall govern. These Policy Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Courts of England and Wales, without regard to the conflict of laws policy therein. Shall any notices be required under these Policy Terms, they shall be deemed given when directed to your email on file with RatedApartments.com or if sent to RatedApartments.com, when delivered via email to accounts@RatedApartments.com , or by mail to Rated Interactive Media Ltd, Unit B1, 199 Marsh Wall, London, United Kingdom E14 9YT. Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us via email at accounts@RatedApartments.com.com